Cats are endlessly attractive, and we have the facts to prove it! Check out 30 facts about cats and read on to learn more about cats.
Cats are the most popular pets. They require care of the owners all over the time, but a special day is dedicated to them. Celebrated on August 8, the International Cat Day is a time to remember that just how much adorable species help to improve the planet. The International Cat Day was launched by the International Animal Welfare Fund to honor cats and protect them from abuse. Since 2020, custody of International Cat Day has been entrusted to International Cat Care, a British non-profit group that has been working for the welfare of the cats since 1958.
Cats have loved human company for centuries. They were first domesticated & used as companions by hunter-gatherers. Having cats as pets has positive effects on human health, even helping with cognitive functions. After a busy day, going back to your cat and watching her amusing antics helps to calm her nerves.
You may love your cat, but you may not be fully aware about your cat – and its species in general. For example, did you know that cats have an extra organ that allows them to savor smells? Or that they developed meowing as a way to communicate, especially with humans?
Clearly, there’s more to your little cattish friend than meets the eye.
1 to 10 facts about cats
- When cats climb a tree, they can’t get down from its head at first. This is because their paws are facing the same way, instead of going down the back.
- Cats have 230 bones, while humans only have 206.
- A group of cats is known as “clowder”.
- Cats are actually more popular in the United States than dogs are. There are around 88 million pet cats in the US.
5. Cats are considered the only mammals who don’t taste sweetness.
- The oldest cat video dates back to 1894 and is called ‘Boxing Cats’
- It was illegal to kill cats in Ancient Egypt.
- Cats spend nearly 1/3rd of their lives cleaning themselves.
- They also spend nearly 1/3rd of their lives sleeping.
10. Cats have 18 toes (five toes on each front paw; four toes on each back paw).
Another, 11 to 20 facts about cats
- A Cat’s spine is so flexible because it’s made up of 53 loosely fitting vertebrae. Humans only have 34.
- A Cat’s jaw can’t move sideways.
- Cats can jump up to six times their length.
- Some cats can swim.
15. Cats walk like camels and giraffes: first they move their both right feet, then they move their both left feet. No other animal walks like this way.
- Male cats are more likely to have a left paw, while females are more likely to have a right paw.
- According to The Huffington Post, cats usually sleep 12 to 16 hours a day.
- Cats live longer when they are indoors.
- Female cats have the ability to get pregnant from the age of 4 months!
20. A cat with a question mark tail asks: “Do you want to play?
Another, 21 to 30 facts about cats
- If your cat approaches you with a straight, almost wagging tail, it means that he is extremely happy to see you.
- Cats perceive it as a threat when you make direct eye contact with them.
- Meowing is a behavior that cats have developed just to communicate with people.
- A cat’s learning way is about the same as a 2-3 year old child.
25. Cats can drink seawater to survive.
- Every cat’s nose print is unique, just like human fingerprints.
- Cats groom other cats – and sometimes people – in a ritual known as allogrooming.
- when cats are bored, they often attack your ankles.
- Some cats like the smell of chlorine.
30. Many cats like to lick freshly washed hair of their owner.
18 thoughts on “30 Amazing Facts About Cats : Trivia About your Feline Friend”
Hello there I am so excited I found your blog page,
I really found you by accident, while I was looking on Bing for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a tremendous post and a all round enjoyable
blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to
read it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added
in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome job.
Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider worries that they plainly do not know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.
I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the
post. I’ll certainly comeback.
Hi there Dear, are you truly visiting this web site on a regular basis, if so then you will definitely
get pleasant knowledge.
Fantastic web site. Lots of helpful info here.
I am sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in delicious.
And naturally, thanks for your effort!
Feel free to surf to my website; Daily Calendar
WOW! Nice article, thanks. I have just shared it
on Facebook. Keep up the good work.
Right here is the right blog for anybody who wants to understand this topic.
You understand a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not
that I actually will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a
topic that has been discussed for ages. Excellent stuff, just wonderful!
I truly love your website.. Excellent colors & theme.
Did you build this website yourself? Please reply back as I’m looking to create my own site and want to find out where you got this from
or exactly what the theme is called. Thanks!
I built this website on WordPress, myself.
Theme : BBlog on WordPress
If You Need Any Help Please Let Me Know.
I’m Happy To Help You!
My partner and I stumbled over here from a different
website and thought I may as well check things out. I like what
I see so now i am following you. Look forward to checking out your
web page again.